Saturday, March 18, 2017. 12 noon – 1:30 pm. FREE PRESENTATION.
Join CHRIS BRENNAN, the former President of the Association for Young Astrologers, as he presents his new book, HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY: THE STUDY OF FATE AND FORTUNE. The book covers the history, philosophy, and techniques of ancient astrology, with a special focus on demonstrating how many of the fundamental concepts underlying the practice of western astrology originated during the Hellenistic period. Chris is the former Research Director of the National Council for Geocosmic Research, a regular contributor to The Mountain Astrologer magazine, and the host of an award-winning weekly program called The Astrology Podcast.
A book signing will follow. Call 303-758-9113 to register for a seat.
Visit his blog – Hellenistic Astrology The Book
Visit his podcast – The Astrology Podcast
~~~from his blog –
Hellenistic Astrology: The Study of Fate and Fortune is a survey of the history, philosophy, and techniques of Hellenistic astrology, which is a tradition of horoscopic astrology that was practiced in the Mediterranean region from approximately the first century BCE through the seventh century CE.
Although Hellenistic astrology is the source of many of the modern traditions of astrology that flourish around the world today, it is only recently that many of the surviving texts of this tradition have become available again for astrologers to study.
During this process many techniques and concepts have been recovered that were lost in the transmission of astrology over the past 2000 years.
The product of over a decade of research, this book provides one of the first comprehensive treatments of Hellenistic astrology in modern times.
Some of the highlights that the reader can expect from the book:
- Learn the history and origins of western astrology.
- Explore the philosophical foundations of astrological practice.
- Become acquainted with the works of the most influential astrologers of antiquity.
- Understand the original conceptual motivations for many techniques that astrologers use today.
- Recover powerful timing techniques that were lost during the transmission of astrology.
- 50+ diagrams and tables, which provide rich visual illustrations of the concepts covered.
- 100+ example charts, which demonstrate how the techniques work in practice.
- A foreword by award-winning astrologer Demetra George.