Submit an Event Proposal
Thank you for your interest in being a presenter at Shining Lotus™ Metaphysical Bookstore.
A major part of our mission as a spiritual education center is to ensure our programs are of the highest quality and the best fit for our store and our customers. To be considered please use the following guidelines.
- All proposals must be submitted in writing in either an email to email@example.com or hard copy to Tim Johnson,Shining Lotus™ Metaphysical Bookstore, 2178 South Colorado Blvd, Denver CO 80222.
- In your short proposal (2-4 pages or a small attachment by email) include a description of what you would like to present (be specific about what you want to teach and what students will learn), your qualifications to do this work, any references, your name, phone number, email address and home address (or a press kit and copy of your book or CD). Very specific and practical events work best for our customers. For emailed proposal attachments, please name your document your name or the name of your business, NOT The Shining Lotus™ event or TSL or SL.
- Please include information like:
- Where and when have you presented previously? If you have previously presented with us, please include the approximate date(s) of presentation(s). Otherwise, please include references.
- Titles of books, articles, CDs, or DVDs you have authored and who they are distributed through. Include the publisher(s) and ISBN(s) of each, please.
- Your Bio: qualifications, certifications, etc.
- Please share how you would publicize an event: website and internet promotion (please provide your URL). Please let us know the size of your Denver Metro email or mailing list database. Remember, this is your event and the marketing is your responsibility. Your successful promotion and marketing will bring about a successful event.
- Production of fliers for in-store distribution.
- If you are chosen by the event committee, we will contact you as soon as possible. It may take 3 to 6 months to be considered for a spot in our schedule. Please include a valid email address so you may be contacted if we have more questions.
- Please supply a good quality photo (jpg or png format, please), a 100-200 word newsletter article about the subject of your event and a 40-word bio for yourself.
- Evening events are from 7:00 to 9:00 pm Monday through Friday, held in our Used Book Room. The room will hold up to 24 people in folding chairs set up theater style. If you are promoting a book or other material, you must direct customers to our front desk after your presentation for purchase of your merchandise before signing.
- Sunday afternoon events are from 2:00 to 3:00 and must be offered at no charge to the participants. The Used Book Room will remain open to shoppers during your presentation. Don’t expect complete silence in the store during this time as regular store business will be happening. This afternoon event can be used as a preview, intro or promotion for an evening pay event to be held in the future, or a new product or interesting service.
All presenters must agree to the following points:
- The class or event will proceed with a minimum of 5 students. The event will be canceled at noon the day before the event if the minimum number of students has not been met, with no charge to the presenter. If you, as the presenter, must cancel for any reason after the newsletter has been distributed, you will be charged a $100 cancellation fee to cover our costs of newsletter space, time, advertising costs, website and social networking promotions.
- Shining Lotus™ will collect all admission fees. The store will take 25% (minimum of $40) as a room fee and the presenter will take 75% of the cash and checks(written to the presenter). Any admission fees charged through our credit card payment system will be subject to an additional 3% fee. It will save you 3% if you remind your students and participants to use cash or check.
- Your part of the admission fees will be calculated and distributed to you immediately after the event.